How can we Jolt the Colleges with new ideas?!

Letterboxes for individual houses/ flats

Currently, mail is sorted by the first letter of your surname. This creates a problem as it is often easy to miss your mail. It also means that it is a time consuming process to sort through the all of the post before finding your own (especially when you have a popular letter as the first letter of your surname).
I know many students who have given up checking their mailbox regularly and only look when they are expecting mail, which further fuels the issue as more post gathers.
I suggest that the letterboxes in the porters lodges are sorted by house/flat numbers and names. This will mean that there is far less mail to sort through and you can also inform your housemates of any mail that they may have.
I believe that this would be possible for most colleges, as Grizedale for instance has 2 overflow boxes for each letter which could instead be used for the flat/houses names or numbers.
This would make collecting mail far more straightforward and efficient, as picking up your post should be.

12 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Ana McSorleyAna McSorley shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

0 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...

Feedback and Knowledge Base