How can we Jolt the Colleges with new ideas?!

Extend hot water supply for houses that is provided only from 7am to 11pm.

Problem:
Some of the houses provide hot water only from 7am to 11pm. (At least as it happens at Graduate College)
This is totally inconvenient as in many cases residents may need to take a shower later than 11.
Examples: Someone may need to stay at the library till late to study, meet for a group work, arrive late from a trip or sweat during a night out on the town etc..
This problem makes a bad impression to someone who is interested to study at Lancaster University and wants to stay on campus.
Furthermore, the fact that at some houses hot water is provided after midnight while students pay the same amount of money for accommodation is unfair.

Suggestion:
The system which heats the water can be programmed to work for more hours.

8 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Dimitrios Diamantis shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

1 comment

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Philip Leutgöb commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I totally agree. I usually study late at night, and it really bothers me that I cannot take a warm shower after 11 or midnight. I have already addressed that issue twice, but so far nothing changed...
        This seems even more inappropriate as other houses do provide warm water the entire night.

Feedback and Knowledge Base