How can we Jolt the Colleges with new ideas?!

Events Mobile App

Lancaster University Students face a huge problem with finding and managing their attendance to various events, not only those organised by the colleges but also those organised by societies and other organisations. Facebook is no longer effective in promoting and managing events due to excess of information displayed on our accounts. There is also very limited way too search for events like parties, seminars, lectures, etc. that might be interesting for us. Hence, we need a new mobile app through which we will be able to discover and sign ourselves up for events we are interested in.

To support my claims, according to the survey conducted in Lancaster University more than 65% of students assess their knowledge about events in Lancaster on less than 3 in a 5 point scale. Additionally, 85% of students asked are willing to use an event app. The results of the survey are attached.

It is absolutely crucial to let this mobile app be developed in cooperation with students - executives from societies and colleges. Only than we will ensure that the app will be successful. I would recommend to create a team of students from business, marketing and IT departments to manage the development, launch and working of the app. Not only we will give them the opportunity for valuable experience but also maximise the chances for the app to become a valuable piece of technology in Lancaster University.

I attach simple designs to visualise the idea.

7 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

JanJan shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →