Innovation Hub Ideas

Your ideas, kickstarted by the Innovation Hub, Lancaster University.

Do you have an idea that would improve your experience as a student? If so, the Innovation Hub wants to hear from you.

We can help to turn your ideas into reality, and nothing is too big or too small for us to consider. All we ask is that the idea has a technology twist or element to it (we can help you work this out!).

Enter your idea below or add to specific area to the right. Don’t forget to vote for your favourite ideas too!

When you sign up for an account, dont forget to set a password in the settings area.

Keep in touch with us on Twitter too @InnovationHubLU

Thanks
Innovation Hub Team

How can we improve your student experience? Let us know below:

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. How to write western style essays

As a foreigner abroad there were many things I wished I had learned in depth before starting university,and one of them is writing a great Western style essay. When I say western style, I mean in the sense off knowing the best writing method to use,the type of vocabulary that can be used to make the essay more clear and concise for the marker. There are a number of books and websites out there that on how to write an essay but none of them go into depth to help students on how to successfully write a remarkable western style…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      You have left! (?) (thinking…)
      Ready for votes  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    • Societies

An applet on iLancaster that links to http://lusocieties.com that shows a timetable for societies trainings/classes that are held on a weekly basis to make it easier for people to know when/where they’re held at.

1 vote
      Vote
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)
        0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
      • Digital SD card storage device

A device for storing SD cards which has a small display and facility for naming SD cards/adding some details of contents. When a button next to a cards slot is pushed, the display shows the name and some info re its contents.

1 vote
        Vote
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)
          0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
        • Enhance my CV

Students (internally authenticated) can submit their CVs. The CVs are displayed with nice graphical previews so that people can see them and then other students can volunteer to fix them up. Students could also get credits and qudos on the site for doing a really good jobs and careers experts can also participate. CVs are ranked so the best ones can also be used as examples of good practice.

1 vote
          Vote
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • facebook
          • google
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)