How can we improve your student experience? Let us know below:

Activities focused functionality for Sports Centre

The student/user focused aspect of the sports centre web application / iLancaster integration currently encompasses static information along with booking / timetabling functionality.

We should look to enhance this by creating support for tracking of activities (see Fitocracy - https://www.fitocracy.com/), bringing a competitive element to the university sports. For example, currently when I complete an activity on the elliptical trainer I'm shown some vague position in some undefined league table. If this was done properly I could see my position among my peers with respect to things like academic year, cohort, college, etc. This could also tie in quite nicely with the gamification work being carried out.

Separately it could be a useful discovery tool for find other people to play squash, badminton, etc. Even support the creation and running of leagues such as the university squash ladder, 5-a-side tournaments, etc.

P.S. If this becomes an ISS project, can I work on it? ;-)

8 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Nat Wallbank (ISS)Nat Wallbank (ISS) shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

0 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...

Feedback and Knowledge Base